Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, CA
- Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), May 2015
Single Subject Credential, English
- Examination, January 2009
San Diego State University, San Diego, CA
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential with SDAIE and CLAD, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts in the Liberal Arts and Sciences, 2001
- Common Core District Training, 2013-2014
- ADD/SIOP Certified, 2011
- Keystone Trained, 2007
- SRA (Reading Intervention Program) Certified, 2006
- Guided Language Acquisition Design (GLAD) Certification, 2006
District Professional Learning Community Team, May 2017 – Present
Capistrano Unified School District, San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Focused on the necessary strategies, tools, skills, and resources needed to implement professional learning communities, common formative assessments, interventions and Great First Instruction (GFI) as part of a district-wide implementation team.
English Department Chair, August 2015 – June 2017
Newhart Middle School, Mission Viejo, CA
- Led teachers in implementation of curriculum and instructional practices and Great First Instruction (GFI) to promote exceptional student achievement and teaching.
- Assisted with teacher training, technology integration and met with teachers regularly.
- Observed teachers regarding best practices in instruction and high student engagement.
- Organized ACE meeting times and held regular department meetings with published agendas.
- Attended and contributed to the Curriculum Team meetings on behalf of the department.
- Assisted in interviewing teachers during the hiring processes.
Orange County, CA
August, 2010 - 2017
- Run the yearbook program as editor, designer, bookkeeper and project manager for distribution of over 1000 books per school year.
- In 2014, became one of the first middle school advisers in the district to introduce an interactive digital component to the yearbook that utilized augmented reality - a feature that adds video, slideshows, and websites linked to photos within the book.
Orange County, CA
August, 2005 - Present
- Design and implement lessons for the 8th grade English department.
- Create blended lessons and instruction to include multiple technology components and apps to further engage students.
- Over the past ten years, taught English, history, English language learners, reading intervention, study skills and yearbook.
- Led a Close Reading workshop for the entire staff
Additional School Site Roles:
- Yearbook Adviser, 2010-Present
- ADD/Sheltered Integration Operation Protocal (SIOP) Team, 2011-Present
- Technology Team - 2012-2013
- Capistrano Unified Education Association (CUEA) Union Representative, 2006-2009
- Students Run Los Angeles (SRLA) School Marathon Team, Assistance Coach, 2006-2008
EDUCATIONAL PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- "Aurasma: Bring Your Classroom to Life!," Presenter, California Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CATESOL) Conference. San Diego, California, March 2015.
- "Top Ten Tech Tools for Teaching," Co-Presenter, CATESOL Conference. San Diego, California, March 2015.
- "5 Easy Tips for Integrating Technology in Your Classroom," [article]. Edutopia.org, July 2014.
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
SAFE Africa, Charity organization dedicated to supporting education, teacher training, and the charitable needs of Malawi, Africa
- Board Member, Technology and Social Media Coordinator, 2012-Present
- Teacher Trainer, Traveled to Blantyre, Malawi as part of a teacher training mission trip, June-July, 2006
Pi Lamda Theta, International Honor Society in Education
- Member, 2014-Present
Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education
- Member, 2003-Present